vendredi 7 juin 2013

We forget


When I was born, color photography hardly existed. Most pictures were black and white. It took something like three weeks before you could see the pictures. They had to be developed in a lab.
When I was ten years old, color TV was still a dream. At that time, I had only two black and white channels to play with. No remote necessary. TV was really something. People used to talk about their favorite programs at work the day after. Everybody had seen the same show.
When I was thirteen, any powerful computer would fill a room the size of my house. My family and I lived in La Marsa, Tunisia. It was a pretty big house, the biggest I ever lived in! Most people in Tunisia did not know what a computer was. Me either.
When I was Sixteen, our first personal (sorta) computer was brought home by my dad. It was a Texas Instrument TI 99 4A. It felt like Star Trek! It was more like Sesame Street! Somehow we knew something was happening.
When I was 21, teachers thought it was a good idea for non programmers to learn Basic. It wasn't!
When I was 25, a portable laptop would be considered an investment. Like something you keep for long, because it costs so much.

Technology is moving forward at a pace that’s faster every day... but the thing is : we forget. We get used to everything and anything. It feels like it’s been like that for ever and we want more...

We forget.

Aucun commentaire: